Monday 23 August 2010

Looks like I really am doing this!

I'm excited today, because my stuff arrived from Brain Tumour UK, which makes me feel like this is really going to happen. They sent me my tshirt, which I love, and a couple of banners and advice on fundraising.

Ed, my boyfriend, has decided to do the run with me, which I'm really pleased about. I think it will really help me to keep going when it gets hard, because he's a lot fitter than me!

I'm planning a trip over to Up and Running in Birmingham this week, to get myself properly fitted for some good running shoes. They do gait analysis and all that malarkey, so I may just get away with having flat feet and knocked knees. Having the right shoes is super important (so I am told) so hopefully they will make a big difference to how painful the run is.

So all in all, it's becoming more and more real by the day, and I'm getting more nervous by the day, thinking that I have to train so much. I'm really starting from nothing, and some people have questioned whether it's such a good idea. I have friends who can run 5 to 10k without a thought, and even they say they'd be nervous about a half marathon.

I've also just been on a hen-do over the weekend, and I think I've broken myself pretty badly, but I still need to get out running. The amount of commitment it's going to take is starting to dawn on me!

Update: went for a run tonight, after downloading an Android app called Cardio Trainer, which is great! It told me how long and far I had run, showed me my route on a map and even told me how many calories I'd burned at the end. I managed to run a little quicker and with no slowing down this time, even if it was only 1.6km. Gotta start somewhere! I'm looking to add a little to that this week, going up to 2km next week.

Sponsor me here: http://www.justgiving.com/cassieleedham/

No comments:

Post a Comment